ComTech Energy is the largest Canadian-based developer of CNG (compressed natural gas) infrastructure. Our team has designed, built and maintained natural gas fueling stations across Canada.
We have established strategic relationships with industry leaders in various fields; together, we will increase awareness and educate the commercial trucking industry on the benefits of converting from diesel to CNG as a transportation fuel.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Maintenance & Reliability Manager to join our growing team in Milton.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to create a high performing Service Team.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure the highest standards of recruiting, talent management, performance improvement, and disciplinary actions.
- Create, implement, and oversee maintenance and repair systems and processes, incorporating best practices for effective and efficient utilization of employee resources.
- Develop a long-term reliability plan to reduce unplanned maintenance and improve costs.
- The Maintenance and Reliability Manager will manage the maintenance of company assets within all applicable laws and procedures while achieving maximum plant reliability and availability performance and lowest overall costs through high maintenance efficiency.
- Work with third party service providers to maintain relationships and solidify rate structure ensuring compliance with maintenance and inventory standards and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with scheduling and dispatch team to ensure continuity.
- Work collaboratively with Health & Safety Coordinator to ensure plans are in place for training and adhering to the highest safety standards.
- Implement key performance indicators focusing on asset reliability improvement, failure identification and elimination to proactively identify gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement based on customer feedback and insights.
- Build strong and trusting customer relationships to ensure highest levels of customer service are achieved.
- Contribute to the capital planning and annual budgeting process and manage all Service expenses.
- Keep the VP of Technical Services informed of important plans, risks, opportunities, and activities.
- Seeks advice, counsel, and approval on matters of a size that would ultimately affect the success of Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience and progression, ideally in the energy industry
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic, and organizational skills.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and provide a recent clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company to influence, build and maintain collaborative working partnerships.
- Experience with Heavy Duty Equipment, Gas Compression, Generators and/or Hydraulics is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Experience managing maintenance of multiple locations is an asset.
- Ability to travel is an essential part of this role.
Education & Training:
- Post-Secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is an asset.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification is an asset.
There is a powerful transition underway in North America. Transportation fleets are converting from diesel fuel to alternative fuels for powering their fleets. In the U.S., a CNG infrastructure is already in place. Here in Canada, we are leading the way. Join our team today!
ComTech Energy is firmly committed to providing a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees, customers, subcontractors and any person(s) who may be affected by the work of our company.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent