ComTech Energy is the largest Canadian-based developer of CNG (compressed natural gas) infrastructure. Our team has designed, built, and maintained natural gas fueling stations across Canada.
We have established strategic relationships with industry leaders in various fields; together, we will increase awareness and educate the commercial trucking industry on the benefits of converting from diesel to CNG as a transportation fuel.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Material Handler to join our growing team in Ontario.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock.
- Record location of inventory in ERP system.
- Locate materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Prepare finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, and securing product.
- Maintain material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections on a regular basis.
- Report inventory discrepancies timely to avoid production disruptions.
- Perform cycle count inventory as required.
- Monitor supplies of consumables (materials not tracked in inventory).
- Perform routine inspection of material needs for partially kitted assemblies required for production.
- Contribute to process improvements by identifying waste in the process.
- Work well within the team (supports shipper/receiver, inventory analyst, production manager and planner on a day-to-day basis).
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience in warehouse operations, inventory, production, or other related fields
- Understands the basics of the supply chain, including shipping and receiving logistics, quality assurance, equipment upkeep, and facility maintenance.
- Computer literacy, working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- High level of organizational skills with careful and consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in prioritizing work schedule according to set deadlines.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, critical thinking, self-motivated, with a willingness to learn.
- Track record of suggesting and implementing improvements. Continuous improvement mindset, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Familiar with PPE and safe shop work practices. Good understanding and knowledge of all current safety rules and regulations.
- Able to maintain a positive and professional tone with team members and management.
- Capability of sustained physical effort while working with average and heavy weight materials (20-40 lbs.).
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in relevant field or equivalent experience
There is a powerful transition underway in North America. Commercial fleets are converting from diesel fuel to Compressed Natural Gas, a cleaner, more cost-effective solution for powering their fleets. In the U.S., a CNG infrastructure is already in place. Here in Canada, we are leading the way.
Join our team today!
ComTech Energy is firmly committed to providing a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees, customers, subcontractors and any person(s) who may be affected by the work of our company.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent