ComTech Energy is the largest Canadian-based developer of CNG (compressed natural gas) infrastructure. Our team has designed, built, and maintained natural gas fueling stations across Canada.
We have established strategic relationships with industry leaders in various fields; together, we will increase awareness and educate the commercial trucking industry on the benefits of converting from diesel to CNG as a transportation fuel.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Electrical Assembler to join our growing team in Ontario.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Electrical wiring and assembly of Industrial Control Systems and Panels.
- Perform outgoing testing on electrical systems and electronic sub-assemblies.
- Manufacturing documentation creation.
- Drive resolution of failure analysis, root cause and corrective actions.
- Perform regular cleaning of equipment and working areas.
- Operate all electronic assembly tools, equipment, and gauges relative to the position.
- Complete all reports required for traceability on quantities, process completions, and quantity requirements daily or as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the manufacturing, repair, and test of electrical control systems.
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment highly desirable.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing/fabrication environment.
- Ability to read/interpret electrical drawings.
- Experience with electrical wiring including industrial control panel wiring.
- Solid understanding of electrical systems specifically related to industrial control systems.
- Solid understanding of electronics as it relates to the manufacturing and testing of electronic sub-assemblies.
- Strong computer skills, comfortable using computer systems and software.
- Knowledge of various test and measurement instruments. Oscilloscopes, DMM.
- Experience using hand tools including wrenches, drills, cut-off saw, hacksaw.
- Understanding of both metric and imperial measuring systems.
- Understanding of Bill of Material, Flow Diagram, and General Arrangement drawings of mechanical assemblies.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, critical thinking, self-motivated, with a willingness to learn.
- Track record of suggesting and implementing improvements. Continuous improvement mindset, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Familiar with PPE and safe shop work practices. Good understanding and knowledge of all current safety rules and regulations.
- Able to maintain a positive and professional tone with team members and management.
- Capability of sustained physical effort while working with average and heavy weight materials (20-40 lbs.).
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education relevant to mechanical technology or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in Canadian Electrical Code and Hazardous Location Requirements considered a strong asset.
There is a powerful transition underway in North America. Commercial fleets are converting from diesel fuel to Compressed Natural Gas, a cleaner, more cost-effective solution for powering their fleets. In the U.S., a CNG infrastructure is already in place. Here in Canada, we are leading the way.
Join our team today!
ComTech Energy is firmly committed to providing a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees, customers, subcontractors and any person(s) who may be affected by the work of our company.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent