ComTech Energy is the largest Canadian-based developer of CNG (compressed natural gas) infrastructure. Our team has designed, built, and maintained natural gas fueling stations across Canada.
We have established strategic relationships with industry leaders in various fields; together, we will increase awareness and educate the commercial trucking industry on the benefits of converting from diesel to CNG as a transportation fuel.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Mechanical Assembler to join our growing team in Ontario.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical assembly/fabrication functions on all products, parts, and materials.
- Ability to understand and work to technical drawings and schematics.
- Perform bending and fitting of various types of tubes for assemblies (including stainless steel)
- Assemble various sizes and types of high-pressure tubing.
- Verify parts and components are within technical specification by using various measuring techniques and tools.
- Test final products before shipping.
- Complete checklists and documentation as required.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required, in a manufacturing plant, or mechanical service department.
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment highly desirable.
- Experience working with pneumatic systems and hydraulic systems highly desirable.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry would be considered a strong asset.
- Experience using hand tools including wrenches, drills, cut-off saw, hacksaw.
- Must be mechanically inclined, electronic/electrical knowledge would be an asset.
- Basic understanding of mechanical fastening systems, styles of fasteners, and grades of material.
- Understanding of both metric and imperial measuring systems.
- Understanding of Bill of Material, Flow Diagram, and General Arrangement drawings of mechanical assemblies.
- Working with and forming stainless steel tubing, compression fitting, and tube bending/installation experience highly desirable.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, critical thinking, self-motivated, with a willingness to learn.
- Track record of suggesting and implementing improvements. Continuous improvement mindset, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and clear verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong Organizational skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Familiar with PPE and safe shop work practices. Good understanding and knowledge of all current safety rules and regulations.
- Able to maintain a positive and professional tone with team members and management.
- Capability of sustained physical effort while working with average and heavy weight materials (20-40 lbs.).
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education relevant to mechanical technology or equivalent experience.
- Training in blueprint reading an asset.
- Training in the use of measuring tools an asset.
There is a powerful transition underway in North America. Commercial fleets are converting from diesel fuel to Compressed Natural Gas, a cleaner, more cost-effective solution for powering their fleets. In the U.S., a CNG infrastructure is already in place. Here in Canada, we are leading the way.
Join our team today!
ComTech Energy is firmly committed to providing a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible workplace for all employees, customers, subcontractors and any person(s) who may be affected by the work of our company.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent